Wednesday 28 June 2017

A Dream...

Early today I dreamed of you.
Calling you, holding your favourite books.
I wanted you near. I wanted to hold you.
But you were far away.
So far away.
'Come on, let's read', I said.
And I held up the books, I waved them so you could see:
Each Peach Pear Plum
We're Going on a Bear Hunt
The Snail and the Whale
You heard me, you turned.
You smiled. Such a smile!
And you came, running.
Running!
Running, running, running, in a pair of shorts, a t-shirt..in the plastic splints that helped you to stay balanced.
But running!
Up a steep hill. Fast and strong and eager.
And SO determined.
Weaving and dodging.
In joy.
How did you not fall, stumble?
You scared me. 'Steady, slow down!', I cried.
But then, in my arms. With such a force.
Smiling. In joy.
I felt your warmth.
For a moment, in my arms,
In my arms.
In my arms.
In my arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment